Welcome!

If you're going to know something about me, let it be this: I love cows.



I am also a proud participant in the dairy industry, and I think we have a great story to tell about our farm businesses, our animals, and our product (MILK!).



So welcome to the conversation; I'm devoted to dairy, and happy to answer any questions you may have.



Thursday, December 13, 2012

Play On

Sometimes in life, you have a bad day.
And then sometimes you have days that are so brutal that when you finally return home to your apartment at 10pm- (Greetings from the apartment) and start inhaling the bag of Christmas cookies you *were* saving to bring home to your dad- you have serious considerations about moving back to the middle of nowhere desert and being a bitter, sand-covered, workaholick, spinster for the rest of your life.
My friends, I had that day. So, in an effort to salvage the last  55 minutes of December 13th, I'm going to list some of the things I'm thankful for...

1. My family- I was seriously blessed in the parents department. And my sister is pretty cool. And the family tree contains some others that I'm quite fond of. And they're healthy and mostly doing well.
2. I have a job- it's good to have income. And in time, I may really like this one.
3. I'm young-ish- so there's time to get things sorted out yet.
4. Christmas is coming- which means I get to go home where there is family and there are brown cows.
5. Friends- I have a handful of people who are getting me through. And always have, and always will.
6. God only gives us what he knows we can handle- so clearly he thinks I'm kind of a big deal. haha. but really- I know it wont kill me. Just sort of feels that way.
7. My headache finally went away- After making me miserable all day... its departure is making the list.
8. Tomorrow is Friday- and one way or another, i'm doing something enjoyable this weekend.
9. Utah- if my return to the northeast doesn't pan out, I can run back to the desert and the desert has calves, and calves make me happy. And the people who own the calves are okay too.
10. There is wine.

and sometimes, 10 good things can bring a little perspective...

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had good holidays, Beth! I especially like numbers 3 and 10 on this list :)

    ReplyDelete