Welcome!

If you're going to know something about me, let it be this: I love cows.



I am also a proud participant in the dairy industry, and I think we have a great story to tell about our farm businesses, our animals, and our product (MILK!).



So welcome to the conversation; I'm devoted to dairy, and happy to answer any questions you may have.



Monday, April 25, 2011

on the road again

I hope everyone enjoyed the Easter holiday as much as I did! The sun and flowering trees in southeastern PA were much appreciated after the drawn out Syracuse winter.
Sitting around the table for Easter dinner, I was able to appreciate another of my favorite things, dairy! I started thinking about how many of the dishes I was enjoying had dairy products in a staring or supporting role... creamy scalloped potatoes, savory pineapple filling, even the delicious strawberry pretzel dessert (I am becoming a huge fan of PA Dutch food!) were brought to us courtesy of dairy products! While these are the more decadent examples of dairy in the diet, I was just as appreciative of my Chobani greek-style yogurt for breakfast this morning, and the cheese on my sandwich at lunch. You don't need a special occation to enjoy the nutrition and yum! found in dairy products.
Here on the inevitable Monday, I'm glad to be heading back out on the road- this time out to New England for a few days to talk with farms about milk price risk management. This is a favorite destination as it affords me the opportunity to stop at home (in leiu of a hotel) and check in on the cows and parents. While I don't love the windshield time, I do enjoy seeing dairymen (and women) face to face, touring the country side, and adding some variety after a few months at my desk. I may even get lucky and find an early ice cream stand!

'til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment